Partner, Murphy Austin Adams Schoenfeld LLP
Lecturer B.J. Susich’s corporate and tax practice focuses on entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, executive compensation, business tax planning, financings, counsel to professional services firms, joint ventures, succession planning, and the formation and management of nonprofit entities.
Prior to joining Murphy Austin, Susich was of counsel with Boutin Jones Inc., where he practiced for more than 10 years in corporate law and taxation. He is a licensed California certified public accountant and a certified fraud examiner.
Susich serves as a visiting professor of law at the UC Davis School of Law and as an adjunct professor at UC Davis Graduate School of Management. He is a former adjunct professor at the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific. Susich is a frequent speaker at continuing education courses offered by CEB and the Sacramento County Bar Association.
Susich received his J.D. from the UC Davis School of Law and his MBA from the UC Davis Graduate School of Management. He also earned his Executive LL.M. in taxation from New York University. He is a past president of the Sacramento County Bar Association and is a past Sacramento Business Journal “40 Under 40” honoree. He is listed as a Rising Star in Northern California Super Lawyers and was named to Sacramento Magazine’s 2016 Top Lawyers list.
- Listed as a Rising Star in Northern California Super Lawyers (2012–2016)
- Named a Sacramento Business Journal “40 Under 40″ Honoree (2011)
- Named in Sacramento Magazine’s Top Lawyers List (2016)
- UC Davis, King Hall School of Law: Moot Court Board Member
- UC Davis Outstanding Graduate Student Teaching Award
- Sacramento County Bar Association, President (2014); Second Vice President (2013); Taxation Section, Chair (2012); Business Section, Chair (2009 and 2011); Bylaws Committee, Chair (2009–2013); Budget Committee, Chair (2012–2015)
- Visiting Professor, UC Davis School of Law
- Adjunct Professor, UC Davis Graduate School of Management
- Former Adjunct Professor, McGeorge School of Law
- New York University, New York Executive Master of Laws in Taxation (E-LL.M.), 2014
- University of California, Davis, School of Law, J.D., 2006
- University of California, Davis, Graduate School of Management, MBA, 2006
Humboldt State University, Arcata/Eureka, CA B.S., Business Administration, Accounting, 2000